- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Mix sugar, cornstarch and salt in 2 quart saucepan. Slowly stir in milk
- Cook over medium heat, stir continuously until thickens and boiling.
- Boil and stir for one minute.
- Stir half of the hot mixture into the egg yolks.
- Stir egg yolk mixture into the remaining mixture in saucepan. Boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving