Portobello Mushroom Lasagna
You can make this in two batches in 2-quart casserole by breaking lasagna noodle in half when assembling.
- 1 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 - 8 oz package sliced Portobello mushroom caps
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 5 large plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 - 14 oz can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 9 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In small bowl, blend ricotta, egg and 1/4 tsp salt. Set aside.
- In 4 Quart Casserole, toss mushrooms, 2 TBS olive oil, onion, garlic, 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper.
- Bake, uncovered 10 min. Add plum tomato. Bake 5 min.
- Put casserole mix into large bowl with canned tomatoes, 2/3 C water and oregano.
- Add last 1 TBS oil to casserole. Evenly layer in this order: half mushroom-tomato sauce, 3 dry lasagna noodles, ALL ricotta, half mozzarella, half Parmesan, 3 more noodles, add remaining sauce, last 3 noodles (press down) and last half of mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Cover and bake 35 min. Uncover. Bake 15 min. more. Remove from oven. Let stand 10 min. before serving.