- 1/4 Cup butter
- 1 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Large yellow onions, sliced
- 7 cups of boiling beef stock
- 1/4 cup of White wine
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Slices crusty baguette
- Slices Mozzarella or Provolone cheese
- Heat oven to 325. Heat butter in Casserole Dish until melted.
- Stir in brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Toss onions in butter mixture and return to oven.
- Bake uncovered for approximately 2-1/2 hours, stirring half way through cooking time, until onions are a deep golden brown.
- Stir in boiling beef broth and wine. Cover and return to oven, cook for 20 minutes.
- Pour soup into individual Onion Soup Bowls arrange 2 slices of crusty baguettes in each bowl topped with a slice of cheese.
- Place soup bowls on a cookie sheet and return to oven, broil until cheese turns brown.