Moist & Tender Pot Roast
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 lb. roast
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 cups beef broth
- 8 small potatoes, cut in half
- 8 medium carrots, cut into fourths
- 8 small onions
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Season meat with salt and pepper. In large skillet heat butter on high and sear meat on all sides until browned.
- Remove from skillet and place meat in Casserole. Pour in broth.
- Cover and cook for 2-1/2 hours.
- Add vegetables. Cover and cook for an additional hour or until beef and vegetables are tender.