Creamed Crab Omelette
- 1 cup Cooked Flaked Crabmeat
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch of Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Flour
- 3 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 scant tbsp Madeira or Sherry Wine
- Heat 1 cup cooked, flaked crabmeat in 1 tablespoon of butter.
- With a pinch each of salt and pepper and a few grains of cayenne.
- Sprinkle on and blend in 1/2 teaspoon of flour.
- Add 3 tablespoons heavy cream and 1 scant tablespoon of Madeira or sherry wine.
- When the mixture begins to simmer, continue to cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Fold into the center of a 6- to 8-egg omelette.