- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2-1/2 cups scalded milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Ground nutmeg - for sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix beaten eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in milk slowly.
- Pour into six 6-ounce custard cups.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Place cups in rectangular baking dish (13x9x2).
- To avoid spilling, place the baking dish on the pulled out oven rack to fill it with hot water - within 1/2 inch from the tops of the custard cups.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until knife comes out clean after being inserted between the edge of the cups and the center.
- Various toppings may be added to this dessert such as fruits and or cream.